Earlier this year, communications agency MullenLowe Group announced their continued partnership with Central Saint Martins, sponsoring their annual degree shows and presenting the MullenLowe NOVA Awards for Fresh Creative Talent.
From 1,300 graduating students, 14 have been shortlisted and just six MullenLowe NOVA Awards will be presented to students whose work represents truly creative thinking and execution. Winners will be announced in an online ceremony in August.
The 14 shortlisted students and their projects are:
- Alice Turner, BA Product Design, ‘Carnerie’
- Cheuk Laam Wong, BA Product Design, ‘Looop Can’
- Claudia Gusella, BA Fashion Design, ‘everything is great *’
- Francesca Dalosio, MA Industrial Design, ‘Ulïètu’
- Gwen Siôn, BA Fine Art XD, ‘HS2 Ghostlands’
- Jann Choy, BA Graphic Communication Design, ‘Liǎn’
- Jessie Zhang, BA Graphic Communication Design, ‘Song Light’
- Kaius Mowbray, BA Fine Art XD, ‘Speculative Mind Mulch’
- Lydia Hardcastle, BA Performance: Design and Practice, ‘FEN (Growing Garments)’
- Molly Macleod, MA Art and Science, ‘We Are All Carbon’
- Nikoleta Crysikou, MA Material Futures, ‘BacTerra’
- Paula Camina, MA Biodesign, ‘Co-Obradorio Galego’
- Yijia Wu, BA Fine Art 4D, ‘Homes on the Move’
- Yuhan Huang, MA Fine Art, ‘Planet Series’
Today also marks the launch of YourNOVA, the ‘People’s Choice’ Award, which invites the public to cast their vote for their favourite piece of shortlisted work. The student who receives the most votes will be crowned the YourNOVA winner for 2021. Shortlisted work can be viewed on mullenlowenova.com/yournova/ and voting is open until Friday 6th August.
Jose Miguel Sokoloff, Global President, MullenLowe Group Creative Council and MullenLowe NOVA Awards judge says: “Encompassing everything from art that highlights the climate emergency to designing products that will quite literally change the future, these stand-out projects are a prime example of how these brilliant minds are pushing the boundaries of creativity in response to the world around us. Now it’s over to the public to vote for their favourite piece of work from this incredibly talented shortlist, as we launch the YourNOVA ‘People’s Choice’ Award for the 6th consecutive year. I encourage each and every one of you to engage with the work and champion the project you think shows surprising lateral thinking, takes risks, provokes debate, experiments, and innovates using challenger thinking to solve a problem in a way that has never been done before,” he continued.
Winners will be announced in an online ceremony on Wednesday 18th August. The six awards include: one overall winner, two runners up, the Unilever #Unstereotype Award, the YourNOVA ‘People’s Choice’ Award and new for 2021, the Creative Boom ‘Conscious’ Award.
Have a story you want to share or partner with us for an event? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org